PocketpediaTV playback?

Announcements, upcoming features,... (READ ME!)
jmpetros

PocketpediaTV playback?

Post by jmpetros »

Still hoping that PocketpediaTV will soon have the ability to remotely play my DVDPedia movies through my Apple TV. Anyone else interested in this feature?

Mike Petros
SaberCats2K
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Re: PocketpediaTV playback?

Post by SaberCats2K »

Yes, please!
Ted
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Ted »

jmpetros wrote:Still hoping that PocketpediaTV will soon have the ability to remotely play my DVDPedia movies through my Apple TV. Anyone else interested in this feature?

Mike Petros
Yes indeed: my dream, instead of having PocketpediaTV to re-invent the playback wheels, which must be a massive work, to interface with another app. Specifically InfusePro, which does an excellent job playing back just about anything from your Mac, including DVDs, Blu-rays, any MPEG2/AC3 file such as native TiVO or EyeTV recordings, etc. etc. All you have to do is link all the relevant directories on you Mac (or indeed multiple Macs/external disk drives/etc). Having your existing DVDPedia library/links interface with InfusePro playback on the AppleTV or iPad would be perfect.
Bogey

Post by Bogey »

Count me in! I have my digital media stored on a QNAP NAS and linked in DVDpedia and would love to have that content linked in PocketpediaTV for my AppleTV.

QNAP has an AppleTV app called Qmedia, but it is cumbersome to navigate and doesn't allow control of the thumbnails (it generates them from a random frame in the video file), making the interface less than desirable.

I really like the PocketpediaTV interface with its nicely done thumbnails and media info. Adding the capability to launch video media from the PocketpediaTV app would be a fantastic feature for my home theater.

Bruji,
Please, please, please say you will add this functionality to PocketpediaTV.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

It is on the road map. I have only done experimental trials, as I use PocketpediaTV at home for my own media. But right now it still requires DVDpedia to be running, to resolve the links and provide the stream (a lot like iTunes does now). The idea would be to cut that link, so that you can use it with the computer off.

Thanks for the vote and the feedback, even though web re really far away from this feature right now, but headed that way.
Bogey

Post by Bogey »

Thanks Conor.

As an alternative, I installed Plex (https://www.plex.tv) on my NAS and am able to access my media with a nice interface via my AppleTV or from any web-connected device (computer, iPhone, etc). It was a fairly straightforward install and I don't really have to do anything to maintain it.

Still, it would be great to have access to the wealth of info that is included in DVDpedia and streaming capability. Also having one less app to manage would be a bonus.