My PocketPedia wish list

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
Pitta
Contributor
Contributor

My PocketPedia wish list

Post by Pitta »

Well, you asked for it Conor :)

I'm talking from a Desktop OSX version NON-user perspective, I'm just evaluating the actual PokcetPedia App (which is really GREAT).

Now to my wish list, aside from obvious interface refinements (like copying, moving, adding personal infos) that I'm sure are already in developement.

1) First and foremost as an Italian user, the possibility to download additional 'search engine' aside from Amazon which is almost useless to me. I'm talking about the already made plug ins, not something new, that could be downloaded INSIDE the App as many other apps permit, just to avoid the problem of re-submitting to Apple the entire App.
I'm thinking about a method like the one used in Tap Tap revenge to download the additional songs, with the possibility to delete all downloaded plug ins (in the case the plug in stop to work because the site has been modified).
The plug ins would reside on this website, as they already do I think, so updating them (and only them, not PocketPedia) should be very easy.

2) I see there is the 'wishing list' create collection button which I already use for games and books, really cool.
It could be cooler if a red number (as for unread email or sms) appear on the bottom menu (or even in the app on the iPhone home screen) when items in the wishing list are out, comparing the publishing date to the iPhone calendar date.
Just to be sure to buy all the stuff you're monitoring.
A 'BOUGHT' button on an item could automatically transfer the item from the wishing list to the selected library.

3) As we're talking about wildest dreams, how about a BARCODE SCAN using the iPhone camera?
Just imagine...in a bookshop...istant info on the book I'm picking up (Did I already read it? Is it good?)

What do you think?

Stefano
Conor
Top Dog

Re: My PocketPedia wish list

Post by Conor »

The current version has a Copy and Move option that addresses some of your wishes (like moving an item from the wish list to the library when bought). The other suggestions we are hard at work. As you might not know, because you are not a Desktop pedia user, we have an open source barcode scanner that we use with the iSight; we do want to move that to the iPhone. The iPhone is a different type of machine so the conversion might take a while. Thank you for all the suggestions.