Multiple images

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
leraillez

Multiple images

Post by leraillez »

Hi,

After using XXpedias for over 10 years I have a work project that the bruji.com work where could be useful.

I have to take a picture of someone's collection, item by item, name them, categorize them, price them, date them... and have a copy of the invoice (insurance company). Once that is in the database I need to generate a web site and print a catalog (one item per page). I've looked at past discussions and it seems that I can do everything except two images per item (maybe I didn't search enough).

How far can I go in my project with _pedia ?

TIA,
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Multiple images

Post by Conor »

Glad to hear that the Pedias can be useful in a work scenario. You can attach all kinds of file to an item, including images. But exporting them will then be more complicated as the attachments could be may or of any type. But if you know it's always that extra image, then you can modify templates to treat it as an image. You would have to experiment with the workflow as you would have to make sure to move the linked images as well or use meta commands, such as <meta name="includeLocalLinks" content="yes" />, that will include all linked files into the final export folder.

This forum post also talks about exporting the links section as if they were images and using them as such. It basically comes down to doing a lot of customization of the Pedias and making sure that the final export format is something you can work with to create that one item per page export as well as include in your database.

Kind regards,
Conor