Multiple covers/posters and/or adding screenshots?

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
RockyB
Contributor
Contributor

Multiple covers/posters and/or adding screenshots?

Post by RockyB »

Hi, I was wondering if it would be a lot of trouble to add a feature where you can add multiple posters for a movie in DVDpedia. Sometimes it is so hard to choose the right poster so I'd like to have two that change or maybe a button to scroll/"next image" or something.

Also, I'd very much like an option to add screenshots from a movie. Like I said, I don't know how much work this would be but it would be really cool to be able to add photos.

One last thing, but this is the last priority for me at least. Like in Gamepedia (which I also own) maybe it would be cool to add image icons for blu-ray, dvd, vhs and maybe digital and more if you come up with some. Something I love about gamepedia is that the icons make it really colorful with not just text. Would be a welcome edition to DVDpedia IMO. :)

Just want to say, this is by far my favorite program on any PC or Mac. Thank you for your fantastic work, I have been using DVDpedia since early 2011 and I hope I will be able to use it till the day I die. :)

Best regards,
Stig
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Multiple covers/posters and/or adding screenshots?

Post by Conor »

Thank you Stig for taking the time to provide feedback on how to make DVDpedia better.

Definitely want to add a feature that more images could be handled by the image area. We are very likely to integrate it with the existing link feature, that lets you link any items to a movie. So for example if you drag additional images/screenshots into the details view of a movie, they will get linked to that movie. You can then browse them with the link button on the toolbar, or from the links created in the details view. Drag items remain where they are , so you can arrange them yourself or visit the link tab in the edit window and press the "move" button and DVDpedia will move the item into the data folder and manage itself the image.

I do know a lot of users use DVDpedia this way and I hope to be able to bring linked images directly to be used in the image well, so that users can look through images there, instead of just via the links.

We been on the fence with the images, we do want to add them, but have felt that it's a dying distinction. Gamepedia the platform logo is iconic and will always be important. While Blu-ray is slowly headed the way of the VHS. Although now there is 4K, so I guess format could always be an image. We will revisit it, as I have always wanted to make them available to the details as well, so that more images appear in the details view.
RockyB
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Multiple covers/posters and/or adding screenshots?

Post by RockyB »

Thats awesome to hear. I use DVDpedia as a "rating catalog" for everything I've seen as well as a list of my library - so the features would be very welcomed. Always fun to be able to add a little color/icons/images to DVDpedia seeing as the Mac OS in general is kinda grey.

Thank you for the quick response, I'll be looking forward to see if the suggestions make it into any future updates.

Keep up the excellent work.

Best regards,
Stig