Can DVD Profiler be imported to DVDPedia?

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
mrklaw
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mrklaw »

any update on this? Just moved to a mac and would prefer not to run DVD profiler in parallels. But I've been using 3.0 and want to be able to import via xml.

thanks!
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

DVDpedia can import the 3.0 Beta XML file from DVD Profiler. Remember to also add an IMAGES folder as well in the same location as the XML file to import the covers. If you have any problems with the XML import do let us know and send us the file as well as two or three sample covers so that we can test it out.
mrklaw
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mrklaw »

thanks, will try again. I had the xml in the same folder as the images, but the import window came up all empty...

should the demo version work or do I have to blind buy first?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

The demo version does not limit any import capabilities. It could be that DVD Profiler made some changes to the XML with the final release of 3.0, we built the importer on the beta version of 3.0, so please send us the XML file via email if it does not work, so we can update the importer.
mrklaw
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mrklaw »

emailed to your support email address.

FYI here is a note from the release notes of DVD profiler 3.0.3 (the one I'm using)
The XML export system has been completely rewritten and is now fully standards-based. Changes in the format may require updates to third party tools that read this XML.
mrklaw
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mrklaw »

ok, the import works now but I can't get images still. Tried converting the xml to UTF-8 (lots of different flavours and line breaks) but still no joy.

Anyway its only 96 discs (sold most of my DVDs to go to HD) so I'll just drag those across.

thanks for the help!
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

The folder should be called "IMAGES" and be in the same location as the XML file.

mrklaw
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mrklaw »

doh - the collection.xml is at the same level as the folder!? I had the collection.xml *in* the images folder.

:oops:

will try again, many thanks for your patience :D
mrklaw
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mrklaw »

Hi

worked a treat. I've now bought the full version and am happily playing with the export to .mac settings.

thanks again!
Wheelie4
Captain
Captain

Trouble w/Importing

Post by Wheelie4 »

High, new to the forum. After 18 years of WinPC crap I bought my first Mac (Blackbook) back in July. I had been using DVDProfiler for a few years on my WinPC. On August 20th I downloaded and installed DVDPedia. It imported my DVDProfiler v.303 collection.xml and images fine so I bought/registered DVDPedia. A couple weeks ago my macbook failed (black screen) and sent it in for repairs. I got it back with a new hard drive and fresh OS X install. I reinstalled DVDPedia yesterday and tried inporting from the exact same DVDProfiler collection.xml file and images I had imported from before but this time only the images get imported but all data fields are empty. I tried from a copy of that same collection.xml I had backed that had not been used to import from but got the same results. I uninstalling DVDPedia using appzapper and resinstalled DVDPedia and tried importing again but get the same results. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Nothing should have changed with he DVD Profiler import. But please email us the file and two cover images so that we can run the import and find out why it's leaving out the movie data but getting the images.
Wheelie4
Captain
Captain

Post by Wheelie4 »

Thanks alot. Just emailed my collection.xml and two images as requested to support e-mail. Really appeciate your help. :)
Wheelie4
Captain
Captain

Post by Wheelie4 »

Thank you Conor. My problem is resolved now. :D
DrPaul
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

DVDProfiler 3.1(1151) and DVDpedia 4.0.5 import issues

Post by DrPaul »

Hi there,

I am having issues importing from DVD Profiler again.

HD-DVD entry: no data other than the image comes across;
DVD/Blu-ray: data to do with amounts is missing e.g. Paid, RRP

I tried it as one whole file and one file per UPC with the same results.

I have emailed the 3 XML files and corresponding images to the support email to save you having to ask :).

Regards

Paul.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Thanks for the files Paul. We'll take a look at what the problem is.