I don't want german imdb titles

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
Monogatari

I don't want german imdb titles

Post by Monogatari »

Hi there, maybe someone can help me here. I'm using DVDPedia for quite some time now
and everything works out fine. But quite recently when importing titles, the imdb search
gives me the german titles instead of original/english ones. I live in germany and I assume
that the program reads me IP and forwards me to german-imdb. How can I change it
back to us? Thanks a lot. Best regards and sorry for the bad english, Mono
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: I don't want german imdb titles

Post by sjk »

You might try the recent beta to see if that makes any difference. Search for imdb beta to find Bruji's posts about it.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

From our perspective it's a welcome change as it allows us to pick up the original title as well as automatically localizing the title for the users country. To change your settings create a free account at IMDb and change your settings under "site preferences" to update the country and language for which you would like the title displayed.
kbarnes70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by kbarnes70 »

Conor wrote:From our perspective it's a welcome change as it allows us to pick up the original title as well as automatically localizing the title for the users country. To change your settings create a free account at IMDb and change your settings under "site preferences" to update the country and language for which you would like the title displayed.
Does DVDpedia take account of my user preferences at IMDb then? Do I have to be logged into my account at IMDb for that to happen? Thanks.

Kind Regards,

Keith
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

kbarnes70 wrote:Does DVDpedia take account of my user preferences at IMDb then? Do I have to be logged into my account at IMDb for that to happen?
DVDpedia works through the built in WebKit on the Mac. So it would download what Safari downloads, if you stay logged in Safari then your preferences will be taken into account.
kbarnes70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by kbarnes70 »

Conor wrote: DVDpedia works through the built in WebKit on the Mac. So it would download what Safari downloads, if you stay logged in Safari then your preferences will be taken into account.
Thanks Conor. Understood now.

Kind Regards,

Keith
Monogatari

Post by Monogatari »

Thanks a lot for your kind support. It worked out well. Kind regards.