FancyIndex sort problem and other questions

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
jschaffe
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

FancyIndex sort problem and other questions

Post by jschaffe »

I've used FancyIndex to create a few different views of my CDpedia library at http://web.me.com/jschaffe/Music_Library/Welcome.html drawn from some smart collections.

Two of the views, Music Library (all) and Freebies, do not sort by Artist when I click on the Artist column header. These views have 4,147 and 2,126 albums, respectively, so size may have something to do with it. The next largest view, Rock, Pop, R&B, has 1,171 albums, and it seems to be working.

I'm not sure why, but Jazz, Blues has a different appearance. When I get some time, I'll try to recreate it.

Also, a few other issues:
  • I'd like to remove the Label and Rating columns, since for my case they don't contain anything useful. When I try editing "MyFancyIndex" using TextEdit, the file changes type and the icon for the ratings stars disappears.
  • I'd prefer to have artist as the first column and have the lists sorted by artist by default.
Any idea what I need to do to have this work correctly?
Conor
Top Dog

Re: FancyIndex sort problem and other questions

Post by Conor »

The rating images don't appear as they are moved into place during the export. However, you can still edit the template and move the columns around. For example [url=cdpedia://www.bruji.com/download?temp/FancyIndexArtist.zip]here is a template[/url] where I have removed the label and rating column and moved the artist to be the first column. After clicking to install you will find it under FancyIndexArtist to try out.
jschaffe
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by jschaffe »

Conor wrote:For example [url=cdpedia://www.bruji.com/download?temp/FancyIndexArtist.zip]here is a template[/url] where I have removed the label and rating column and moved the artist to be the first column. After clicking to install you will find it under FancyIndexArtist to try out.
Thanks Conor, I tried it out and it works just how I want it to. I'll have to look at the template and see how you changed it.
jschaffe
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by jschaffe »

Conor wrote:However, you can still edit the template and move the columns around.
I discovered my real problem. I was using Textedit and never saw the comment "(If you're using TextEdit, make sure you use the 'Open' command and check the box to 'Ignore rich text commands'.)" on this page:
http://www.bruji.com/support/kb/index.p ... =translate

It's a lot easier when you read the instructions! TextEdit was displaying in some weird and uneditable table style until I checked the box.