Movie Totals Help

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
AFG034
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Movie Totals Help

Post by AFG034 »

I have my DVDPedia set up to give me the movie totals, discs, days etc at the bottom but my questions has to do with actual movie titles and box sets.

Every time I add a new UPC code, my movie total goes up by one and the same goes for a box set. Is there a way to have a total that shows actual movies, including box set totals? For example, when I add the Star Wars trilogy box set, that should count as 3 movies.

Thanks in advance.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Movie Totals Help

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the clear and accurate description.

There is no additional field that you would be able to let DVDpedia know there are more than one film per entry, each entry is considered one film.

In most cases the "discs" count should reflect the movie count. It's likely the Star Wars trilogy box set, contains 3 discs. Of course there are bonus disc that would increase the count. If disc count is not important to you, you could amend those box set movies to have disc count reflect the movie count and that will be reflected in the footer.

Some users add the three movies (also for internal searching and splitting out the cast) and then mark them as part of a box set using a custom field and link them all together by drag and dropping the selection over the details view, while holding down the option key. Lets you dril down on details per movie and movie count, but you lose the overall box set UPC and cover if not added to a custom field.
AFG034
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Movie Totals Help

Post by AFG034 »

Thanks for your help!

I was more looking to get a precise count on how many movies I own, that also includes box sets. I may just make a custom field a total of movies.