Amazon Killing Mobile Apps That Use Its Data

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Amazon Killing Mobile Apps That Use Its Data

Post by Nora »

We're working on it and it's almost ready to go into beta testing. (With the Snow Leopard release we had to focus on that for a bit but will get back to Pocketpedia asap.)
thajeztah
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by thajeztah »

With the Snow Leopard release we had to focus on that for a bit
That's a lot more important, I agree.

Happily waiting for the new Pocketpedia to arrive :)
d9pouces
Captain
Captain

Post by d9pouces »

Will this beta be public?
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

It will be public in the sense that if you're interested in helping us test it, you can send us your UDID and we will add it to our beta tester list and you'll be able to run it on your iPhone. You can find the UDID by clicking on the serial number of your iPhone in iTunes or using the free program AdHoc Helper from Erica Sadun (in the App Store).
witchkitten
Captain
Captain

Post by witchkitten »

Nora wrote:It will be public in the sense that if you're interested in helping us test it, you can send us your UDID and we will add it to our beta tester list and you'll be able to run it on your iPhone. You can find the UDID by clicking on the serial number of your iPhone in iTunes or using the free program AdHoc Helper from Erica Sadun (in the App Store).
Will we still be able to use the old version of Pocketpedia if we install the new version and how would we send our UDID (email? PM?) if we're interested in becoming beta testers?
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

You'll be able to use the old version of Pocketpedia along with the new version, yes. They will be two separate applications. If you'd like to become part of the beta tester list, either email us your UDID (you'll find our email on the support page) or send us a PM.
Canuck
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Canuck »

I'm very excited! Email sent with my UDID. Crossing my fingers this makes me smile as much as the old Pocketpedia did!
d9pouces
Captain
Captain

Post by d9pouces »

Nora wrote:It will be public in the sense that if you're interested in helping us test it, you can send us your UDID and we will add it to our beta tester list and you'll be able to run it on your iPhone. You can find the UDID by clicking on the serial number of your iPhone in iTunes or using the free program AdHoc Helper from Erica Sadun (in the App Store).
Does it require a developper licence for iPhone?
Last edited by d9pouces on Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

No.
thajeztah
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by thajeztah »

I was on the beta-tester list for the previous PocketPedia, will I automatically be included for the coming beta? Or do I need to re-send my UDID?
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

Good question, thajeztah. But as long as it's working I'm satisfied running the "old" beta until its ad-hoc profile expires next April, though it hasn't made sense to provide any feedback about it.

Reminder to Bruji: Please rename the provisioning profile to something more descriptive than "Beta testers". :)
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

You are still on the list but if you have changed devices, i.e. if you have gotten a new iPhone please send us the new UDID for that.

@sjk - Since you suggested that previously we've already taken care of it for the coming beta. Thanks. :)
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

Thanks for the quick answers, Nora.
d9pouces
Captain
Captain

Post by d9pouces »

I've received and installed the beta, thank you for having sent it.
What do you prefer for bug reports or suggestions? Emails, or new messages on this forum?
greatcoco
Inductee
Inductee

Post by greatcoco »

Hi,
I'm a new registered user of Bookpedia,i'm using it with the addon ibede , very great result to manage comics. Is it possible to beta test the pocketpedia ? Does the beta is close now ?

regards,
Greatcoco