Support a DVDpedia plug-in for Plex

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
Hartmeister

Support a DVDpedia plug-in for Plex

Post by Hartmeister »

If you'd like a plug for DVDpedia in Plex please support it by watching it the https://plexapp.lighthouseapp.com/proje ... dia-plugin . In order to watch it you have to either register at plexapp.lighthouse.com or use open-id. Projects are assigned by the number of people physically watching the ticket. Probably right now, Plex is the leading alternative to Front Row. Plex is a fork of XBMC (like Boxee) and is the only one that is written only for the Mac.
geeji
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Re: Support a DVDpedia plug-in for Plex

Post by geeji »

+1
I dislike Plex, but I have to use it to view .mkv BD ripped files.
And what irritates me most when I do that is to loose the nice DVDpedia integration I enjoyed with Front Row, especially considering the information collecting facility of Plex is full of bugs.
Note that an obvious alternative path would be to include a nice HD player into DVDpedia :D
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Support a DVDpedia plug-in for Plex

Post by Conor »

an obvious alternative path would be to include a nice HD player into DVDpedi
We like integrating with a dedicated player like VLC, QuickTime instead. It's unfortunate that in the case of .mkv file VLC require a whole "open advance" command to play and hence can't be a smooth integration.