Can Statistics be Exported

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
sitenoise
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Can Statistics be Exported

Post by sitenoise »

Can Statistics be Exported as a readable format? I never really looked at them before but I just did and I'd like to share them. Maybe there's a different way of sharing them besides exporting.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Can Statistics be Exported

Post by Conor »

It's never come up before. How are you looking to share them, email, website as raw numbers?

As you point to they can be exported via the "File -> Export" feature as the HTML has a tag to export stats. For example the "Sorted Index with Stats" template will include them, and that is an HTML page that can be shared as is, or turned into a PDF via print to share in a static format like email.

Definitely something to look at expanding on. Early on I always wanted to create a screensaver with the stats from the Pedias that would update automatically, so you would always know how many hours you had spent with your collection in the last month. :D In a way it would be an extension of that, of pushing that data out to share.
sitenoise
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Can Statistics be Exported

Post by sitenoise »

I was thinking about sharing some of the info with friends in other film forums. Like which director I've seen the most films by, which actors, and which theatrical release years I've seen the most movies from. So I guess I'm looking for raw numbers in a readable format. It wouldn't be that hard to just take notes. I thought I'd ask if there was something under the hood I didn't know about.

"Sorted Index with Stats" just duplicates the graphs from statistics. And, as with Statistics, it means monster horizontal scrolling. I'd like to limit things to ten or twenty at most (actors, directors). (And ultimately I'd like to break down theatrical release years by country, so I could prove to people that the Korean Wave ended about 2007-2008, and great films from South Korea have been in decline since then).

Not a big deal. I was surprised by a few, and proud of a few, and wanted to share. And I think just taking notes from a few categories isn't that hard, especially since I only want a top ten or so. But that breakdown of year by country would be cool. That's what prompted me to look at the statistics. I'm in the middle of a discussion about the state of South Korean cinema, and whether it's going downhill or not. Maybe I could do this by creating a few smart playlists