Import from Delicious Library 3?

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
boldavenger

Import from Delicious Library 3?

Post by boldavenger »

Hello.

I'm new to your products and have found information on your site about importing from DL2 but not from DL3. Is there a way to do it? I've worked in both but my most current data is tied up in DL3.

Thanks,
Tony
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Import from Delicious Library 3?

Post by Conor »

It was never worth the development time to make an importer for DL3. To import your data, use the File -> Export to... -> Library 1 file... menu command in DL3. This will create a folder with a Library Media Data.xml file in it. Drag that file over the Pedia dock icon or select it in the File -> Import sheet.

It will create a new excluded collection with the imported entries for you to review. If you are happy, you can make them all part of your main library with File -> Include Collection in Library. You can then remove the imported collection as the entries will not be part of your main library.

You can add further info that might not have been in DL3, with "Movie -> Update from -> Doghouse".

Kind regards,
Conor