Random chose function

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
samu-mac
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Random chose function

Post by samu-mac »

Hello

in advance, thanks for the great job\product you made.

I would suggest a cool function in my opinion:

Random Choice

This function would let you be able to select RANDOMLY a movie to play choosing from entire library, or a collection, or EVEN! between a selection of films ( and this last one would be the most important one)

i have many films and i get stunned all the time 30 minutes between few i wanna see and i dont know how to chose :)

Think would be possible and really cool

Hope in your answer Connor\Nora, cheers.
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Random chose function

Post by Nora »

Movie menu > Select Random (Command-Option-R). :)
samu-mac
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by samu-mac »

OMG ;)

well so thanks, sorry for my dumbness!

Anyway the point is still that the most important would be randomchose from multiple selection!

think this can be possible? like selection is held while clicking alt+cmd+R but the displayed fim is changing between the selection!

Let me know

Cheers
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

You can quickly create a collection from the selection with "File->New Collection From Selection" command-shift-N and then use the random function to flip between the movies, when done delete the temporary collection. It's also useful to have smart collections for this kind of thing, say you're feeling like watching an action movie you can go to your smart collection "genre contains action" and use the random feature there.
samu-mac
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by samu-mac »

Conor wrote:You can quickly create a collection from the selection with "File->New Collection From Selection" command-shift-N and then use the random function to flip between the movies, when done delete the temporary collection. It's also useful to have smart collections for this kind of thing, say you're feeling like watching an action movie you can go to your smart collection "genre contains action" and use the random feature there.
Yes, i have multiple smart collection for genres, but sometimes you wanna decide between 4-6 films INNER collection..

anyway i understand that maybe is a personal request so i think i will try to do as you said creating temporanely a collection to chose it.

i understand you have other priorities :)

P.S. dont forget the pixel heigh criteria using "MediaInfo" file infos or other tricks, REALLY need those update :p

thanks again <3