Pocketpedia3 sort order not matching DVDpedia

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
scooter64
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Pocketpedia3 sort order not matching DVDpedia

Post by scooter64 »

Hey Conor and Nora,

Weird issue has cropped up as the subject line states….Pocketpedia3 sort order in the main library (as well as a couple collections) is no longer identical as the sort order in the DVDpedia library. I've never had an issue with this before in any of the pocketpedias.

I like all my library & collections on Pocketpedia to start with the first title, listed in alphabetically for the most part beginning with all the "numbered movies" i.e. (500) Days of Summer, followed by "2 Days in Paris" etc . So for example, DVDpedia will show "500 Days of summer" as the first film, which is how I have it sorted. So pocketpedia should be leading with the same film, in the same order. I realize that sometimes when you re-sort a collection or add a new title things can get out of whack. But I make it a point to re-sort before each sync to avoid that problem. In this case, the movie which starts the main library on Pocketpedia3 is "Stander". I double checked that Pocketpedia is not sorted by director in error.

Yes, I'm being kind of picky but it would be nice not to have to scroll up to the top of the list manually each time. To be clear, the library is in alphabetical order, just not starting with the "a" or "#" titled films at the top. Make sense?

I'm running OSX Lion 10.7.4 and the latest Pedias: ver 5.1.1 beta 34, and PP3 ver 3.0.1.

Am I the only one to experience this new behaviour?
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Pocketpedia3 sort order not matching DVDpedia

Post by Conor »

Thank you for all the details. Indeed strange and not the intended behavior. Is this new with Pocketpedia 3.0.1? I did update the way last name sorting are grouped (used to be composer and other fields sorted by last name were being grouped by first name). Could be I added an unintentional bug. Since I can't repeat it could you please send me your data file ~/Library/Application Support/DVDPedia/Database.dvdpd. This way I can run the sync here without touching anything and looking at the results and try to figure out what might be going on. As the grouping should be in alphabetical order as well, iOS takes care of sorting those in defending order.

Does the issue still show if you sort by something else and then back by title inside Pocketpedia? The sorting by title should be identical to the sorting by title in DVDpedia.
scooter64
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by scooter64 »

Hi Conor,

Wow I am embarrassed! :oops:

Pocketpedia3 remembers the last film looked at, even after a sync! Here I thought it was behaving incorrectly.

As I mentioned in my email today, I wonder what other users think about every movie in the library or a collection starting at the very top (first title, i.e. The "a"s or films with a number in the title) after a sync?

If you're in a store or at a friends place, I can see why showing the last movie is always helpful, as it would d be a pain to scroll down to a film each time the battery saver kicks in on your iPhone.

Again, sorry for thinking there's a problem, when I guess there isn't one.

Regards

Scott
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

No problem. I understand the issue now. I thought that "S" was the first section that the iPhone would display. :)

There is a common double tap on the status bar gesture that will scroll all the way to the beginning (works on other apps as well). It's an easy way to scroll to the top after a sync or when you don't want to view the last movie seen for that collection.