E-mail library items

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
Lao-tzu
Inductee
Inductee

E-mail library items

Post by Lao-tzu »

A simple feature request, perhaps, but one I did not encounter while searching through the forums (although I could have missed it):

I'd like the ability to select items in the library, or select an entire list (in bookpedia, dvdpedia, cdpedia, or gamepedia), and then click on an 'e-mail' button (think of the iPhoto interface) to have the vital statistics (author, title, publisher, link to item in Amazon, etc.) placed into a new mail message.

The statistics you want included would ideally be customizable (either via preferences or via a menu that pops up when you hit the 'e-mail' button).

I often find myself e-mailing people with a recommended list of books, dvds, or games and it would be ideal to just be able to select, click and send. Also, having the amazon links included as hyperlinks in the e-mail would make it easy for the recipients to check out the book/dvd/game on-line.

The e-mail data doesn't need to have any kind of funky template, as far as I'm concerned (although there may be other users who disagree), just plain text/hyperlinks (maybe inclusion of compressed cover art images).

What say you, developers? :D I'm pretty sure this shouldn't be too taxing an addition...and it would certainly add a powerful, flexible functionality to an already exceptional line of products!!
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Thanks for the suggestion, we actually have something similar on our list already. At the moment you can send emails only to people who have borrowed an item from you (Advanced menu > Email borrower) but in the future we might expand this to include more general emails.

Nora