feedback from a new user

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
jevvi
Inductee
Inductee

feedback from a new user

Post by jevvi »

Hi

I like you program very much. As i have bought my first Intel MBR i will surely become your customer, but i am new to Mac thing, so may be some of my feedback is irrelevant, but here it goes

- need ability to correct titles

- need ability to have fields selectable for overwrite/update; this is especially usefull when loading comments and/or user desscriptions, as IMDB has better selection of movies, but amazon sometimes has better descriptions. Would be a very nice feature to add/ammend content in some fields

- when doing batch update for selection, would be nice to have an option for prompt for each movie title, as silent one will have a lot of mismatches

- support for more foreign movies, music dvd's. I have a lot of russian, polish, hugarian and so on movies that are not available at currently integrated websites (making plugin architecture open source would probaly solve it)

- ability to add and position on the screens more custom fields

- ability to preview some portions of content before actually selecting the movie, as once movie is selected you can;t undo

These are just some suggestions, again i like your program very much and will end up buying it.
If you need any help with documentation for API/Webservices for IMDB/Amazon please let me know, i can probably get it for you as i own the company that is one of 5 certified integrators for Amazon US/EU

Thank you

jev
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Hi Jev,

Thanks for the post. Most of the things you mentioned are on our radar to add or improve already.

When doing an update/getting more info for a movie, delete any fields that you want updated. For example some users prefer the viewer rating from the plug-ins over Amazon so they remove the viewer rating from Amazon before doing an advanced search.

If you want to be prompted for title selection when adding more info, do so from inside the edit panel instead of the regular view. Edit a movie and use the gear button under the advance tab. (command-g is an IMDB keyboard shortcut)

The plug-in architecture needs a bit of polishing up to be easier for non-experienced programmers to work with; but if you are confident with Objective-C then head on over to plug-ins page. (We are still working on a new version of this page, but this one will get you started.)
KiplingCat
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: feedback from a new user

Post by KiplingCat »

jevvi wrote: - ability to preview some portions of content before actually selecting the movie, as once movie is selected you can;t undo
jev
I too would like to see the ability to preview some content (ideally the cover, if available) before adding or updating.