Wild dream: BoardgamePedia

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
Midori
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Wild dream: BoardgamePedia

Post by Midori »

Yes, it is a bit wild, but...

Amazon IS selling boardgames: Here is the link to Thurn und Taxis as example.

It is slightly different to video games, but... they have an UPC, title, ... field.

A 2nd hand apple imac is available for cheap for education / groups / ... and could run the application for schools, gaming groups, toys&games libraries, ..... :-)

Also, there are no real boardgames cataloguing applications available. Except "specially" and extremelly expensive...

Midori ^^;
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

We will take a look and see if we can get access to this information through the Amazon Web Service.

If you know of other good site with information about boardgames you could write a plug-in for Gamepedia though. Since some of the fields could be used as they are (Title, Genre, Publisher, etc. ) and the Custom fields could be used for any boardgame specific information.
I don't know how much programming experience you have, but take a look at our plug-in site if you're interested.

Nora
Midori
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Midori »

Ho, ho :) why not. Yes I am going to see if I can "plug" you the boardgamegeek. It is the english reference in this domain...

Midori ^^;;;
weaselherder
Inductee
Inductee

Post by weaselherder »

Hey Midori--

Have you had a chance to finish coding the plugin? Were you planning to post it? I don't have enough computer games to warrant puchasing the Gamepedia, but your plugin would certainly convince me to buy the bundle. :) Thanks!

--Tim
Midori
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Midori »

Sorry, really no time, we had some unxepected familly problems + various T_T I do not know yet when I will go on, and if you noticed, I was not active on the forum recently... *sigh*

Midori...