German DVD-Titles lead to wrong data in imdb-search

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
.jan
Contributor
Contributor

German DVD-Titles lead to wrong data in imdb-search

Post by .jan »

Hi,

first of all i got to say thank you for this brilliant tool. I just bought my first Mac a few Weeks ago and so I was looking for a suitable replacement for DVDprofiler which I had used on my PC. I'd tried DL and the one from fennel before I stumbled over your Site. I needed only one day to fall in love and so i just bought my own DVDpedia-Licence yesterday.

1)
The first Problem i've encountered so far is that if I request data from imdb, in most cases DVDpedia links to completly wrong titles and therefor downloads the wrond data. If i use the Search-Function from the German Website german.imdb.com the German Title leeds to the correct movie. The german search query is the following:
http://german.imdb.com/find?s=all&q=%title%
Where %title% is the search-string.
So it would be nice that in a german localised OS the pedia would use that searchstring.

2)
The second thing is that i want to have the original title of a movie within my database. At this time, i use one of the four user-defined fields for that.
What i would like to have, is the option that DVDpedia collects the original title from imdb or somewhere else. Therefor there had to be a own field for "original title" which i would suggest is a feature also some others would like to have.

Finally, i hope I didn't confused you with my english-skills and the somehow a litte long text.

Cheers,
.jan
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

It's on our feature request/to do list already - thanks.