Pilot-DB import-Export

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
bfrantz

Pilot-DB import-Export

Post by bfrantz »

Hi!
Nice software you've done. I miss just one thing: As I've been using pilot-DB on palmOS for years, I have a Huge books database (over 2000).
It would be very handy to be able to keep it, and to be able to export and import later .pdb files
Pilot DB is open source freeware, and everything is here:
http://pilot-db.sourceforge.net/
regards from France
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

I would suggest using the included tools of Pilot-DB to translate a CSV export from Bookpedia into a Pilot-DB database. (The columns shown in your table are the fields exported into a CSV). There is also a free tool with a graphical interface for working with CSV files if the command line tools are tricky to use.
bfrantz

Post by bfrantz »

Thanks for your quick suggestion... Alas, for the first one, the executable csv2pdb and pdb2csv are there only for windows, and I don't know how to get them for osX. Concerning Jpilot-DB, it is quite tricky and lenghty to use when importing databases. So , indeed, it can be done using Jpilot, but it it would be a lot easier to have the pilot DB file format supported, especially if one wants to keep both base synced,on the palm and on the mac...
And all the palm community could be interested in.