Export Cover Images

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
lraesly
Contributor
Contributor

Export Cover Images

Post by lraesly »

Is there a way to export the Cover Images for a each DVD in a collection? I want to drop a cover image into each movie I have on my drive (renamed preview.jpg). Front Row will then display the Cover Image when I browse the files.

I've tried the "Covers" html output, which names the images 1.jpg, 2.jpg, etc and then created a text export that output the unix cp command.

The trouble is that the sort order in the Covers images folder is slightly different than the order when the file is exported. Specifically, A Fish Called Wanda is sorted by A in the html export and F in the text export.

Again, in the end I just want to automatically copy an image to the DVD Movie Folder.

Again, I use the html Covers export without modification.

Export script:

<!--BeginRepeat-->cp -f "./Images/[key:incrementalNumber].jpg" "/Volumes/Movies/[key:title]/preview.jpg"
<!--EndRepeat-->

Any thoughts appreciated.

Lee
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Hi Lee,

With version 3.4 the cover names changed from sequential to their unique id so that they could be uploaded only if necessary. The text script you are looking for is:

Code: Select all

<!--BeginRepeat-->cp -f "./Images/[key:uid].jpg" "/Volumes/Movies/[key:title]/preview.jpg" 
<!--EndRepeat-->
However if resizing the covers is not necessary then the HTML export is not needed, the cover can be copied straight from the covers folder:

Code: Select all

<!--BeginRepeat-->cp -f "/Users/[UserName]/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia/Covers/[key:uid].jpg" "/Volumes/Movies/[key:title]/preview.jpg" 
<!--EndRepeat--> 
lraesly
Contributor
Contributor

Post by lraesly »

Perfect! I love this program...