Gamepedia - column search/replace data

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
evg2000
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Gamepedia - column search/replace data

Post by evg2000 »

I imported my video game collection from a CVS file I created from my previous self developed VG software (from a PC). One of the columns now has a " in ever field, doesn't matter if the field has data or not. I checked my input file, and it's in the proper format. I want to be able to do a search/replace for " in the column, I doesn't see anything like that available. Searching the forum I noticed similar questions and they were told to update the xml database, but I think that was for a previous version as I don't see an xml database. So what options do I have to correct the data in the column, all other columns are fine.

thanks,
Charles
http://www.evg2000.com
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

The new database format is SQL. So it's a bit more complicated than a simple find and replace with a text editor. Quit DVDpedia and make a copy of Database.pediadata (in ~/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia) before you start, as backup. Then in the program Terminal type:

Code: Select all

sqlite3 ~/Library/Application\ Support/DVDpedia/Database.pediadata
You will now have prompt that says sqlite> you can now send any SQL statement to view and modify the database. In your case what you would be interested in is something along the lines of:

update ZENTRY Set ZNameOfField = replace(ZNameOfField, '"', '');
To close the file do:

.exit
This was copied from a previous post that has more information. If that seems daunting feel free to send us the file and will clean it up for you.
evg2000
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by evg2000 »

Thanks for the quick response, didn't work on my machine with Tiger, but I tried it on my machine with Leopard and it worked. I have an older version of sqlite on the Tiger machine.

charles
http://www.evg2000.com
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

The older version of sqlite3 on Tiger does not support the replace command; there is a post (search for sqlite3) about how to update sqlite3 on Tiger by installing the developer tools on the Tiger CD, but using Leopard also works.