iPhone function like "Coverflow"

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
MichelM

iPhone function like "Coverflow"

Post by MichelM »

Hi,

Sorry for the bad english, will do my best.

It would be nice if you made a function so we could fx export hole our collectien to our iPhone, and then browse it like coverflow, or fx like when you get "Full Screen" in DVDpedia. It would look very nice, that you have all the covers and can you click on one of them, it would turn around and you could read about the movie.

Think about it, and thanks

Regards
Michel
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Hi Michel,

Thank you for the feedback. There is a current export for the iPhone under the HTML export section. This export needs to go on a web server (.Mac) as the only official access to the iPhone right now is through Mobile Safari. However in February Apple will be announcing how to make applications for the iPhone and we are looking forward to that, so that we might integrate DVDpedia on the iPhone and you can take your movies with you, without needing to have a connection on your iPhone or use mobile Safari.
vittoriog
Contributor
Contributor

Post by vittoriog »

Conor wrote:Hi Michel,

Thank you for the feedback. There is a current export for the iPhone under the HTML export section. This export needs to go on a web server (.Mac) as the only official access to the iPhone right now is through Mobile Safari. However in February Apple will be announcing how to make applications for the iPhone and we are looking forward to that, so that we might integrate DVDpedia on the iPhone and you can take your movies with you, without needing to have a connection on your iPhone or use mobile Safari.
Hi Conor.

Al my best for Bookpedia. I checked several software to find a nice product. I tried all that are available on the market, but Bookpedia has a very nice atout. It is able to connect to any site to dld infos.
Well, go back to what I desire....
I quoted you because you sayd that starting from Feb, Apple will release the possibilities to have sync on Ipod Touch. It is correct?
Infact I tried to sync my Bookpedia with the new iPod Touch, but no way...
Thanks.
vittorio
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Sometime in February there will be an official way to get information onto the iPod Touch as well as the iPhone. Since it hasn't been announced we have no idea what will be possible, but like many developers we are looking forward to it. In the meantime you have to use the HTML export feature (there is a special iPhone template that will fit the iPod touch screen). Place the export on an accessible web page and then navigate to that page with Mobile Safari (does mean you will need a Wi-Fi connection on the iPod Touch).