Using the \Covers and \Images folders.

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
drjohncmac
Captain
Captain

Using the \Covers and \Images folders.

Post by drjohncmac »

I've generated a WEB site for 3,388 DVDs using DVDpedia. The site is broken down into Genres for ease of searching. There is a main WEB page which controlls access to each of the Genre sub-directories: Action, Adventure, Thriller, Science Fiction, ..., etc.

When generating the WEB sites from DVDpedia, the program copies the cover images from the DVDpedia Cover folder into an image folder within the Genre Directory.

Is there any way to force DVDpedia to look in one place for the covers, instead of copying them to the sub-folder? I can modify the HTML code after the WEB files are generated, but as I add 20 or so movies a month, this seems a "bad" solution.

Any ideas?

Thanks

John
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

The location where the images are copied can not be changed, however one can tell it to not copy the images during export by adding the following to the template header:

Code: Select all

<meta name="image-export" content="no" />
The images are named and referenced, from the HTML, by a unique incremental ID; copy the new images directly from the covers folder (~/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia/Covers) to your web site location using Automator or any other scripting technology. (Automator can even simplify the whole export process to a single Automator action). Syncing with programs like Transmit is also possible where only new images are copied over to the server.