Deleting Cover Images

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
drjohncmac
Captain
Captain

Deleting Cover Images

Post by drjohncmac »

I regularly update DVD Covers to Movie Posters in DVDpedia. (I prefer to use the program as Movie, as opposed to a DVD, catalog program).

I notice that when I replace the cover image, an entirely brand-new file is created, as evidenced by the <image>###.jpg</image> entry. The old file is also on disk, and isn't replaced or deleted.

To date, I've replaced over 1,200 DVD cover images with Movie Poster Images (for my own use), and so have 1,200 "old" cover images in the \Covers folder.

Naturally, any reference to the "old" file has been lost. Is there an easy way to write an Applescript to query the info.xml file relative to the file names in \covers, and delete those files in \covers which do not appear in info.xml? (I'm a novice at Applescript -- can do in Visual Basic quite easy, but I'd prefer to use just the MAC system)

Thanks for any help anyone can give.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

It should replace the image file as the number in the name file corresponds to the unique number of the movie within DVDpedia. If you have steps to reproduce consistently let us know, so we can look into it.

However to remove the orphan image files select the menu command "Rebuild Database" under the help menu while holding down the option key (As usual make a backup of your data folder before running the command as a precaution).