How to transfer DVDpedia database from one mac to another

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
qvilorio

How to transfer DVDpedia database from one mac to another

Post by qvilorio »

I have copy DVDpedia from ~/Library/Application Support/ to the other mac and I have rebuild the database, I have choose the new database without success. I can see the folders with all the covers and the .xml files, but how can I get the new machine DVDpedia to recognize it?.

Thanks in advance,
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Make sure DVDpedia is not running on the new machine when you copy of the folder, after it's copied launch DVDpedia.
qvilorio

Post by qvilorio »

THANK YOU. That made the trick.
anka
Inductee
Inductee

can't find the database after migration

Post by anka »

The application transfered from my old powerbook to the new imac, and while the covers are in the new library, DVDpedia does not pull the covers nor information when opened. Any advice?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Make sure to transfer the entire DVDpedia folder, if your still having trouble, send us an email and will give you information on our FTP so that you can send us the information so we can look at it. Or email us the Database.pediadata file in the data folder from both the new computer and the old computer (zipped) as well as two or three images from the covers folder to keep the email small. This way we can look for what might have changed or not copied.