DVDpedia: Region field in a smart collection

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
DrPaul
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

DVDpedia: Region field in a smart collection

Post by DrPaul »

I have a number of Blu-ray discs which I have in DVDpedia.

For some I have the Region set to A, one to B and the rest to 0 as they are all Region discs.

I'd like to create a smart collection showing my Blu-ray Region 0 discs so my friends can select them without getting my Region A ones which they cannot play on their PS3's.

I create a Smart Collection with the 'Media' 'is' 'Blu-ray', then add 'Region' 'is' 0 but that filter does not do anything. I get all of the Blu-ray discs.

It looks like the Region field is treated like a number as the comparison operators I can select are: 'is', 'is not', 'is greater than', 'is less than'. So this probably means the A and B entries are evaluating to 0.

Is this a bug? The obvious workaround is to simply use Region numbers greater than DVD Regions... 65 for Region A is a good candidate :)

Regards

Paul
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

We do treat the region field as a number and you are correct that A and B evaluate to 0, but it probably makes more sense to treat it as a word, I can't think of a good reason to treat it as a number instead, so I will change it in the next update. If you want to get the smart collection working right away you can use the multiple edit feature to highlight all your "A" region disc and change it to a high number as you suggested.
DrPaul
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by DrPaul »

Excellent. Thanks!