BP: v5 misses books

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
vanderdecker
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

BP: v5 misses books

Post by vanderdecker »

I bought Bookpedia v. 5; however, it's having trouble with a database I created on v. 4.x

1) When I open the database in v5, about 10% of the books aren't there at all.

2) In addition, a quite number of the fields are screwed up--most noticeably (not not exclusively) the "Series" field is empty for quite a number of the listings, though the Autocomplete adds them as I start to type them (so it remembers the Autocomplete value, just not my having filled out those fields before).

The twist: if I launch v 4.x (which I'd put in the trash but hadn't deleted), everything's back. So I can launch 4 and have my complete library with all the fields I'd filled out, then quit and launch 5 and the database is again screwed.

Why is v.5 having trouble with a database that v.4 has no problems with?
Nora
Site Admin

Re: BP: v5 misses books

Post by Nora »

Please send us both your Database.pediadata and Database.bookpd file so we can check those out here. You'll find the files in your Home folder under ~/Library/Application Support/Bookpedia/. Please archive them before sending to save space. (Select both and choose 'Archive' or 'Compress' from the File menu. That'll create a new file called 'Archive.zip' which you can then attach to the email.)

If you're on Lion, it hides the Library folder by default so to go to your Bookpedia data folder you have to use the Finder's 'Go' menu, select 'Go to Folder' and copy paste ~/Library/Application Support/Bookpedia into the window that appears.