How to rename an entry "Eigenes Feld 1"

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
schwitzer
Inductee
Inductee

How to rename an entry "Eigenes Feld 1"

Post by schwitzer »

I am new to DVDPedia and I'm just adding all my DVD's and Blu-Ray's to my personal database. Now I have seen in one of the postings here on the board that another User put a column "Gesehen" with a tick box per entry. I was searching the whole program but couldn't find this data field. The only thing I found was "Zuletzt gesehen" which has a date in it (and which is okay!) but there is no entry "Gesehen" with a tick box.

Now I assume that that user might have used the custom fields like the one "Eigenes Feld 1" for example.

The only thing is, I don't know how to do that.

Or is that not possible at all and I'm thinking into the wrong direction?

How can I add such an entry to the database?

Thanks.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: How to rename an entry "Eigenes Feld 1"

Post by Conor »

Indeed you are correct the user is using one of the check box custom fields for "Gesehen".

To rename the custom field and do the same please visit the fields preference under "DVDpedia->Preferences..." main menu and then the "Fields" tab. Here scroll down until you find "Eigenes Field 1" and then double click it to rename it. You can also drag and drop it higher to change its location in the edit window as well as change it from the extras tab to the main tab, depending on where you would like to see this information. Fields can be enabled and disabled via the checkbox here as well.
adamhh
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: How to rename an entry "Eigenes Feld 1"

Post by adamhh »

The custom fields are great and offer all manner of potential uses.

However, I don't need a seen/not seen [gesehen/nicht gesehen] tick box. Every time a film is viewed it gets a date entry in the 'Last Seen' field and an entry in the 'Play Count' I have a Smart Collection which holds all the films that have no play count. It's that collection that gets opened when I want to view something fresh.

To my shame that Collection holds about 500 at present, but that's out of 5000+ films. I just can't seem to get much lower that 10% of the entire collection, even when I starve myself of new purchases for a spell!