Import from TV app

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
FineWine
Site Admin

Import from TV app

Post by FineWine »

I have discovered that DVDpedia will not import the relevant info; Movies, Home Movies and TV shows, from the TV app, like CDpedia does for the Music (iTunes) app, "Import List from Music”. It would be great to have this ability; "Import List from TV” within DVDpedia. Of course this would all depend upon whether Apple will allow you to read and extract the relevant info from ~/Movies/TV/TV Library.tvlibrary
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Import from TV app

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the feedback and enhancement request. Music App has remained opened thanks to the legacy it's carrying from iTunes where a lot of functionality was added via developers being able tread the open XML format that iTunes used to use, now we are forced to go through the API, but they provided as there were to many apps using the XML. I'll take a look see if the TV info is included in the new API for access to that information, now that it has moved out of iTunes/ Music.
DanThe
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by DanThe »

I do not know if this help but the TV app has a container file called "TV Library.tvlibrary" located in the "Users/<username>/Movies/TV" folder. The files in that container are:
  • Application.tvdb
  • Library Preferences.tvdb
  • Library.tvdb
  • Preferences.plist
This very similar to the Music folder structure.
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

It is not a question of where these files are but whether Conor can access the data within them. Apple controls their API's very tightly hence the demise of a lot of good and useful plugin's for; mail, music, photo's etc. This is partly for security and partly proprietary license reasons but I feel it is the ever tightening Apple software enclave.