Keep the Pedias Alive

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
johnwesleybarker
Contributor
Contributor

Keep the Pedias Alive

Post by johnwesleybarker »

Hi,

I came to the Forum to get support for a solution to a problem and I found the answer, thank goodness, but...

... as I was looking around the Forum, there doesn't seem to be that much activity. I was worried a little earlier as http://www.bruji.com wasn't available and I got fearful that it was all gone! With the drop in sales of physical media now and streaming seemingly taking over one wonders about all things related to physical media.

I have been a Pedia user for years and continue to update my databases each week as I buy CDs and DVDs and Books. The applications are essential tools for me, so I do hope they stay alive.

Just saying.

Love & Peace.

John
ScottH
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Keep the Pedias Alive

Post by ScottH »

I've been wondering the same thing. The last update was in November 2021, more than 8 months ago. I hope these great programs aren't going to become "orphans". I recently just put my entire 200+ digital audiobook collection in Bookpedia, to go along with over 660 books and almost 800 DVDs in DVDpedia. The more I come to rely on the Pedias, the more concerned I am about the lack of development in recent months. Maybe we could have a post from Conor or someone else on the team to let us know where things are? Thanks.

P.S. - I should add that considering how cheap the Pedias are and how many years of really valuable use I've gotten out of them (my first purchase was in 2006!), I wouldn't mind a paid upgrade to the next major release. They're some of the best Mac programs around, and are really a bargain. (To forestall any complaining from relatively new users, maybe the paid upgrade only applies to people who haven't purchased them within the past 6 months? Just a thought.)
Agentfalco
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Agentfalco »

Just came to check on what's happening lately.

I too rely on the app DVDpedia a great deal. I use it nearly everyday. I know as you say that digital media is becoming more the norm now but I still buy a lot of DVDs but enter all my purchases both DVD, blu-ray and digital into my app.

I also having been using the software for a looong time too and long may it continue :)

I appreciate what Bruj have developed for me it's my favourite app. Thx.
MOTIVHIMMEL
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by MOTIVHIMMEL »

I also hope that the development will be still alive. I manage a big DVD / BluRay collection over the Mac OS and iPhone App and also feed it with my digital iTunes Movie purchases.
So it's the best solution to keep an overview what I have if I'm in a store to buy new stuff... Well, sadly the DVD / BluRay sells are shrinking very much but it's still an important Application and it would be sad to loose it.

Sadly I'm not a developer and if Bruji stop the work on it, I hope there will be a solution to make it open source for example or found another one who will work on it.
Lost Highway
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Lost Highway »

With great concern I just read this report. I currently have around 4,000 CDs, 1,500 LPs, 1,900 DVDs and a few hundred books in my Pedia databases. I sincerely hope that Connor and his friends will not stop or have stopped the project. It is by far the best software available for this form of data archiving. Maybe a brand new version could raise some money for the whole development. In any case, I will not go the Apple way and install Ventura or similar, as long as it is not sure that the dream of Pedias lives on.

Many greetings
Highway
teacher24_70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by teacher24_70 »

Are the Pedias not compatible with Ventura?
Lost Highway wrote:With great concern I just read this report. I currently have around 4,000 CDs, 1,500 LPs, 1,900 DVDs and a few hundred books in my Pedia databases. I sincerely hope that Connor and his friends will not stop or have stopped the project. It is by far the best software available for this form of data archiving. Maybe a brand new version could raise some money for the whole development. In any case, I will not go the Apple way and install Ventura or similar, as long as it is not sure that the dream of Pedias lives on.

Many greetings
Highway
Lost Highway
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Lost Highway »

Hi Teacher,

I'm not sure if the pedias work with Ventura or not.
I've lost so many good software over the years by changing the Operating System.
And at this point I want to be on the safe side, because I'm working with my pedias
more than ten years and I really hope that Connor will work on his project for not less
than another ten years.

CUsoon
Lost Highway
Speller23

Post by Speller23 »

Hello!

I can confirm that the Pedias work fine on Ventura..
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

Speller23 wrote:Hello!

I can confirm that the Pedias work fine on Ventura..
Can you confirm that the iPhone, iPad or Apple TV sync'ing process works just as well or any one of those ?

Unfortunately my iMac 27" [14.2] (late 2013) max macOS 10.15.7 Catalina.
DanThe
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by DanThe »

I have the App Store versions (6.2.1) of Bookpedia, CDpedia and DVDpeadia installed on a 14" MacBook Pro (18,3) running macOS Ventura 13.2.1 (22D68) and aside the odd UI glitch, they seem to be running OK. However I can say I have been spending a lot of time on these lately. Waiting for the next App Store releases.

As for Pocketpedia, I haven't had any issues running and synching it on iOS 16.3.1, iPadOS 16.3.1 and tvOS 16.3.2.

I hope this helps.
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

Thanks for that Dan. As you may have read in other Topic Posts some are having sync'ing problems with the latest OS's.

Conor is aware but has been away on winter holidays with the family.

Also, everyone, please be advised that Bruji server providers have been updating the software (PHP a general-purpose scripting language) that these forums run on and keeps catching Conor unawares - annoying.

Cheers
ArnoldAnderson
Inductee
Inductee

Post by ArnoldAnderson »

As for Pocketpedia, can I run and sync it on Android? Specifically Android 12
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

ArnoldAnderson wrote:As for Pocketpedia, can I run and sync it on Android? Specifically Android 12
NO

All the Pedia's are Apple macOS and iOS software products only.