Errors upon migration to a new Mac

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
lankysam
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Errors upon migration to a new Mac

Post by lankysam »

I have updated my Mac and am having the following error upon launching DVDpedia: NSSQLiteErrorDomain error 11. My DVDpedia folder seems to be intact, at least best I can tell (there are the Database.dvdpd file, backups, covers, etc.). Any ideas? Thank you.
FineWine
Site Admin

Re: Errors upon migration to a new Mac

Post by FineWine »

Have a read of this Topic: Pedia Maintenance Practices
lankysam
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by lankysam »

No luck, unfortunately, still getting error 11. Also, my database is duplicated after trying to open the original: DatabaseReplaced-1.dvdpd
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

I have no knowledge of SQLite at all, except to say that it is a database engine and that that error code means there has been a corruption somewhere, this could of occurred during Apples total migration process.

So having said that, you stated this happened after you migrated from your old mac to a new mac, therefore i am presuming that a copy of your DVDpedia database is still on the old mac, if you haven't scrubbed it yet.

If so then:

1 - separately bring across a copy from your old machine of the following files from ~/Library/Application Support/*****pedia/ :
Covers
InfoTemplates
Plug-ins
Templates

AddMultiple.xml
autofill.xml
backup1Month.*****pd
backup2Months.*****pd
*****pedia Backup.zip
Database.******pd
Pocketpedia.******pd

2 - then following what I said in Pedia Maintenance Practices and totally delete all of DVDpedia off your new machine.

3 - Install a new copy of DVDpedia and copy the above files into: ~/Library/Application Support/*****pedia/

See how you go