"undo" get advanced info

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
williedigital
Captain
Captain

"undo" get advanced info

Post by williedigital »

not sure if this is a support question or feature request...

In cdpedia, I import my cd list from a deliimited text file with only the artist and title field. I then select my cds and click "get advanced info from XXX" and it get's info.

Now, often I will get the wrong info for the cd (ie amazon will think it's something that it's not). Is there any way to "undo" this operation so that I can go back to the bare fields as I had them before? It seems like the only way to clear the erronious data is to manually edit each cd, but even that doesn't seem to get it all.

PS the new pedias are great. Give bruji a big belly rub for me.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Unfortunately there is no 'undo' if you do the 'get advanced info' in one big batch. If you do them one by one then you can check whether the info is correct before adding it to the database but depending on the size of your library that might not be an option or simply too annoying..
We'll see if we can do something about that in the future though.
Glad you like the new versions! :)
simondevries
Inductee
Inductee

Post by simondevries »

Hi Conor, since this is problem was first mentioned more than a year back, I wanted to ask, if it is now possible to undo the advanced info or do you still have to do one by one? Other than that I just love this program! Thanks, Simon
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

This is one of the most common request and we hope to have it in the next major version; it requires a large code change to be able to handle the undo request, so it will take us a little while.