Place Published in Bookpedia

Announcements, upcoming features,... (READ ME!)
kencmcg
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Place Published in Bookpedia

Post by kencmcg »

I have been using Bookpedia and CDpedia for years, and the Bookpedia Beta since it was brought to my attention. I am using Beta 102 now on my iMac, running OS 10.13.6. I have an extensive personal library with 4433 volumes in Bookpedia and I don't know how many CD's in CDpedia.

All is running flawlessly. No errors, nothing messed up, files intact and so forth. However, I have noticed that a lot of the books I add now show the title repeated in the Place Published field. This is also the case in version 5.6. I know that many listings do not include the place published, and that is not a problem, but it's just one more thing to change when creating a listing. FWIW - certainly not a game changer.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Place Published in Bookpedia

Post by Conor »

Thank you so much for the kind words. Quick couple of searches I can't repeat the place published issue, do let me know a few ISBNs when you run into it again and I'll get that fixed.
mommahawk
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by mommahawk »

I'm having the same issues, and have been for a while.
One ISBN: 9780761160960
Another: 9780781414579
I can give you some more if needed. Thanks.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you, I have found the bug and fixed it for newer books. I'll have to go through and automate a removal of the title from some older entries from the place published field.

Update: has a script run through and fix most of the old entries in the database that had that issue. Thank you.