Front row integration v 2.0

Announcements, upcoming features,... (READ ME!)
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Front row integration v 2.0

Post by Conor »

It's most likely the order that the database delivers the links in. Core Data lacks the ability to store order relationships, so this has to be done by the programmer. I'll let Mathieu know about the issue and give him some code to help him order them for the next version of the plug-in. The order now should be the order the links were added in, but Core Data is a black box and I can't assure that to be 100% true.
mikeo
Inductee
Inductee

Post by mikeo »

I am new to DVDpedia and entered a portion of my DVD library onto a NAS drive. All Files are .VOB which I created with Mac the Ripper. The linked files function well within DVDpedia using the VLC media player and my database shows up in frontrow after installing the plug in v. 2.0.3; however, if I try to play a video from within FrontRow, I get an error, "The selected video could not be played. The format was not recognized."

Any idea how to resolve this?

Thanks
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

There is a new version of the plug-in coming soon from para9.com and I heard it has some updates to linked files. In the meantime make sure to have Perian installed. While DVDpedia can handle a number of formats Front Row can only play those that QuickTime can play. Perian extends the formats that QuickTime will handle.
lewisburgess
Inductee
Inductee

Post by lewisburgess »

I've got a bit of an odd one... In Front Row, I'm able to play a MOV file absolutely fine, via the Movies menu.

I've linked the same file to a title in DVDPedia and when I try to play it via the DVDPedia Front Row integration menu, it fails to play saying that the file is not recognized.

I've got DVDPedia 4.4.2, QuickTime 7.6 Pro (With the Apple MPEG2 plugin too), Perian 1.1.3 running on OSX 10.5.6.

The MOV file was created in the above version of QT and is an MPEG2 Muxed file.

Any ideas??
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

As mentioned there is a new version coming next week. But I would send para9 an email to make sure this particular linking issue is fixed.
Beechy
Inductee
Inductee

Post by Beechy »

I do not seem to get the Recently added link on my list as per the demo video - is this only available on the apple tv version?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

The recently added collection in the video is automatically generated by the AppleTV and Front Row plug-in. If you like to do the same in DVDpedia create a smart collection with the following rule "Date added is in the last 30 days". This collection will then be available in DVDpedia's full screen collections menu as well.
Beechy
Inductee
Inductee

Post by Beechy »

Fantastic - worked
snake85229
Inductee
Inductee

Post by snake85229 »

Hello,
First, my english is`n best, because im German (Bavarian).

Is is possible to "re-code" the Front Row integration plug-in for use in GAME Pedia.
not for playing, only to show.

I'm sorry about my bad english, i hope you understand.

snake85229
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

We do not have access to the plug-in, you would have to ask the creators over at para9.com.
snake85229
Inductee
Inductee

Post by snake85229 »

ok, thanks for reply, I will ask at para9.com
donglobal
Contributor
Contributor

Post by donglobal »

I have a problem getting the AppleTV plugin to work, According to the para9 Page, you need to do the following:

Using the Finder or SSH, copy the plugin from /System/Library/CoreServices/Front\ Row.app/Contents/PlugIns/DVDpedia.frappliance/

to the Apple TV in /System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/PlugIns/

My problem is I cannot see a folder path such as System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/PlugIns/ in Apple TV, it does not exist. I have been using Cyberduck and WinSCP on my PC in order to try and find this location but cannot find it.

Any help someone can give you get well very appreciated. By the way I also cannot mount my Apple TV or an attached drives to it via AFP I can only FTP into it.
donglobal
Contributor
Contributor

Post by donglobal »

As an update I connected to my AppleTV via SFTP and can now see all the required folders. but another problem has set in, when I try to copy the required files from the finder to the Apple TV I get a permissions error and the DVDpeida.Frappliance folder and contents do not copy over, how can I fix this.
nathan1234
Inductee
Inductee

Change the first directory

Post by nathan1234 »

Hi, I am new to this Front row plugin and I just had one question. Currently when I select DVDpedia from front row it gives me a selection of what library I want to view. All of my items are in the main Library location. Is there a way to have front row skip that menu and go strait to the library?
Thanks, this stuff is awesome.
Nathan
lraesly
Contributor
Contributor

Post by lraesly »

I believe that this was covered in an earlier post... there is no way to automate front row via applescript or any other way. There is a way to make DVDPedia show first by changing a value in the plist of front row. Check the Front Row forums regarding the howto's.