DVDpedia 6.1.1 crashed consistently

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
Kernos
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

DVDpedia 6.1.1 crashed consistently

Post by Kernos »

Since upgrading to DVDpedia 6.1.1 I get a consistent crash (MacOS 10.15.7 (19H1217))

I open a record already in the database
I click on the gear in the lower right corner
I select IMDB to import more data and the rainbow cursor appears

The internal error: "An uncaught exception was raised. Choose "Continue" to continue ..." appears and DVDpedia crashes requiring a Force Quit.

No crash report is written.

Please advise
FineWine
Site Admin

Re: DVDpedia 6.1.1 crashed consistently

Post by FineWine »

A similar problem was raised here the day before your post: DVDpedia last beta version crashes

Thanks for bringing this to everyone's attention. With a little experimentation I to am having trouble with either updating or adding new from IMDb. Either method and DVDpedia freezes when trying to contact IMDb website and DVDpedia becomes unresponsive and has to be shut down via Force Quit in File > Force Quit. Note, Force Quit does not show up on the Dock icon nor will it Quit from the Dock, so it seems to be caught in a loop or some such. Whilst typing this Post my Add panel search gear wheel has been going around with no results.

Good news is DVDpedia crashed on me and gave me a Crash Report which I have sent off to support@bruji.com.

We shall see what Conor makes of that and hopefully a fix will be out soon.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: DVDpedia 6.1.1 crashed consistently

Post by Conor »

Thank you so much for reporting that bug so quickly in the latest beta version. Fixed in beta 212, that should update for all those using the beta on launch. (The bug is only present in the beta version, so short lived, those on the regular version need not to anything).