IAFD title search broken

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
Ted
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

IAFD title search broken

Post by Ted »

In DVDPedia 4.2.0: Any IAFD title search instantly returns with a "There are no matches for..." message.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: IAFD title search broken

Post by Conor »

Seems to be working here. Be sure to check your internet settings and try the website directly to make sure it's loading. Otherwise email me some sample searches so that I can try to get the error here, thank you.
Ted
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Ted »

The IAFD was working directly, and searches from DvdPedia to IMDB were working fine. The titles I tried were defenitely listed on IAFD. You could try Deep Throat as a sample, but I don't think the title matters -- the error message was coming up instantly --- I didn't get the impresion the request was ever going anywhere.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Are there any errors in your console log?
Ted
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Ted »

No, nothing but EyeTV scheduling messages. Am I looking in the right place? -- it's different in Leopard -- Console: LOG DATABASE QUERIES: All Messages -- correct?

I tried a IAFD search again, and you get the "Not found..." message absolutely instantly -- there is no way it's going anywhere first.

Also, I tried this on two different machines (both Leopard) -- exact same result.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

You are looking the in the right place. I'll run another test, do check any firewall settings that might affect the connection.
Ted
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Ted »

Conor wrote:You are looking the in the right place. I'll run another test, do check any firewall settings that might affect the connection.
But why would firewall settings break IAFD but not anything else? Not that I've monkeyed with the firewall anyway. My instinct is to try reinstalling the IAFD plugin.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

My instinct is to try reinstalling the IAFD plugin.
Doing a new install of the plug-in will certainly not harm.