dvdpedia eroneously cropping titles?

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
dagopher
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

dvdpedia eroneously cropping titles?

Post by dagopher »

I just noticed this issue and if it's a feature or has already been noted as a bug, please point me at the docs/bug and I'll happily read up on it and go away ;)

I just added a new DVD box set and DVDpedia found it easily enough through Amazon (US), but when it imported the search results to my library part of the title was missing. Amazon listed the title as "Gamera - Guardian of the Universe (Custom Art Box)" , but dvdpedia stored the data as ""Gamera - Guardian of the Universe". What happened to all the data in the parentheses?

Currently running v 4.2.2 on OSX 10.5.2.

To replicate, you can search through DVDpedia for the following UPC code: 0702727055324

Related Amazon page:
http://www.amazon.com/Gamera-Guardian-U ... 734&sr=1-1
Nora
Site Admin

Re: dvdpedia eroneously cropping titles?

Post by Nora »

At the moment DVDpedia is set to automatically get rid of anything that follows a title in parentheses because usually the information is superfluous because it will be added to another field automatically (Blu-Ray, for example, goes into the Media field). Additionally, that information will confuse IMDb when you do an advanced search so we take it out to avoid that. But we can take another look at that and see if we can make the program more intelligent so it only takes out certain information that follows the title. Do let us know if you have other examples where this happened and where you would have preferred DVDpedia to keep the information in the title.