Pocketpedia won't open

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
Ivan
Contributor
Contributor

Pocketpedia won't open

Post by Ivan »

I've had this great program for a couple of weeks now and it was working well with my 3 pedias on my Mac but today when I try to open it on my iPhone.... it won't.... I've tried re-loading it a few times to no avail... what's up?
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Pocketpedia won't open

Post by Conor »

Hi Ivan,

If the program is crashing, sync the iPhone to your Mac with iTunes this will cause crash logs to be copied over to your Mac. They will be located in your home folder under ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/NameOfiPhone/Pocketpedia*. Please select all the files that start with Pocketpedia and ctrl-click them to create an archive you can email us so that we might find out more. Thank you.

You can try restoring your iPhone from an iTunes backup. In iTunes ctrl-click on your iPhone in the source list and you will see the option "Restore from Backup..." then select the most recent backup.

Another option if all the data in Pocketpedia came from your Desktop pedias you can try re-installing the program (deleting the program, deletes the data files so only do if you have all the information on your Desktop pedias). To delete the program hold down the Pocketpedia icon until it start jiggling and an x appears on the top left, click the x to delete the program. Then download again from the App Store. You will have a fresh copy that you can then sync your data from your Desktop pedias to Pocketpedia again.
Ivan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Ivan »

Call off the dogs!! ;) Problem solved. I just went to the main page of MacWorld magazine and there was an iPhone troubleshooting article that mentioned my problem (last evening I started to experience same issue with other apps, including browser, maps... etc). The fix was to power down the beast, wait a few seconds, power back up and VOILA!! It fixed the issue and Pocketpedia now works once again... happy daze

Sorry to cause a stir
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the information. Knowing this information other users can try reboot the iPhone if they encounter the same issue.