PocketPedia Missing Entries

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
Ted
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

PocketPedia Missing Entries

Post by Ted »

Currently my PocketPedia is synched with DVDPedia (2200+ entries, FWIW) and most of the titles starting with E are missing. The original synch appeared to be error free, as are subsequent incremental synchs.

Here is the "smoking gun" clue: all the E titles alphabetically before été meurtrier, L' are missing (E.T. through Escape From New York). All the subsequent titles (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind -- Eyes Without a Face) are there. été meurtrier, L' itself is categorized under a separate letter entry, "É".

I seem to remember that DVDPedia itself had a bug missalphabetizing accented entries (minus the missing entires, of course), which you fixed. Anyway, I can't help but think that the missing PocketPedia entries and the accent alphabetization bug are somehow related.

Thanks,
Ted
Conor
Top Dog

Re: PocketPedia Missing Entries

Post by Conor »

Hi Ted,

The bug with the miss alphabetizing issue is related with the missing entries. What happens is that it sees "été meurtrier, L'" as a new letter and then when it goes back to the "E" section it replaces the old "E" section. Download the beta and re-sync (a update sync should be enough, but if that doesn't fix it try a clean sync). If still the bug lingers let me know.
Ted
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Ted »

Hi Conor,

Good news: it works now, all the entries made it.

Bad news: A complete synch was necessary (the incremental didn't work) and the accented letters are still showing up as separate alphabetical entries (the way DVDPedia used to work before you fixed it).

Thanks again,
Ted
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the information. The letter creating its own section will be fixed under Leopard 10.5 (Tiger can't group the two letters as indistinct). The next update should be ready soon.
Ted
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Ted »

Conor wrote:Thank you for the information. The letter creating its own section will be fixed under Leopard 10.5 (Tiger can't group the two letters as indistinct). The next update should be ready soon.
Is there going to be an iPhone OS Leopard??? The DVDPedia with which I'm synching with is running under Leopard and doesn't have the accented letter separation problem.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

You will be fine with the next version as your running Leopard, what I meant was that those running DVDpedia under Tiger will still see the accented letter issue.