Pocketpedia doens't sync with Bookpedia

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
carlos
Contributor
Contributor

Pocketpedia doens't sync with Bookpedia

Post by carlos »

Upgraded to 4.3.1 and Bookpedia doesn't sync with Pocketpedia. No problems before and no problem now with upgraded versions of DVDpedia and CDpedia.
"Synchronizing... Requesting collections" window doesn't change.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Pocketpedia doens't sync with Bookpedia

Post by Conor »

Please try the old version again to be sure it was something that changed. Also are there any messages from Bookpedia in your console log? You can view the log with the program of the same name in your utilities folder. The new version tries to keep the sort order, if you can please email us your database file we can try the sync with your information. The file is located in your home folder ~/Library/Application Support/Bookpedia/Database.pediadata.
carlos
Contributor
Contributor

Post by carlos »

The old version works fine.
Will you still need me to send the data file?
I am running iPhone through a local network. There's a "Appletalk error message", could there be something to do with this that didn't come up on 4.3.0? Just wondering...
What part of the log do you need exactly?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Please do email us your data file as it could be that it can't handle the current sort. Try sorting your collection by title before syncing it.
carlos
Contributor
Contributor

Post by carlos »

It still doesn't work after sorting by title.
Data file sent by email. Thanks.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the database. I was able to duplicate the bug and that means a fix. The issue is the sorting as I suspected. The "books list 1" is sorted by status (the first small column). Click on any column header to sort and then you will have no problem with the sync or otherwise download the beta of Bookpedia with the fix.
carlos
Contributor
Contributor

Post by carlos »

It works beautifully! Thanks a million!!