Problem with new CDPedia 5.0.2

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
PascalB
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Problem with new CDPedia 5.0.2

Post by PascalB »

Hello everybody,

I upgraded this morning my CDPedia to v. 5.0.2 and now, each time I edit a record, my sort is modified :?

I choose a record, I click Edit, I update or I modify what I want, I click OK and the initial sort is modified : instead of Author, Title, Chef, I have only a sort on Author and everything else is mixed...

Could you help ?

Thanks !
Hap
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Re: Problem with new CDPedia 5.0.2

Post by Hap »

Ditto. This is immensely irritating as I have it sorted six fields deep. So after every edit/modify I have to resort!

EDIT: Whoops! I'm having the problem with Bookpedia 5.0.2.
PascalB
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by PascalB »

Same problem also when I close and re-open CDpedia : I sort before closing and when I re-open my base I have to sort again :?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you. We had improved the last name sorting in this version to take into account subsequent author last names, as well as sorting single authors first instead of mixed in when the author appears as the first author in books with multiple authors. However, when resorting after an edit or launch it was confusing single others and actually listing them as being first instead of equal. The fix is in the beta and the official version since it was released yesterday. Thank you for letting me know so timely and with such detail. It would have taken me longer to figure out had you not mentioned the exact fields, (not that I have a chef field, but I think I should make one of my custom fields into one).

The links are:
CDpedia
Bookpedia
DVDpedia
Gamepedia
Hap
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Hap »

Thanks Conor. After some brief testing, I can confirm the sorting issue seems to be fixed for me in Bookpedia.
PascalB
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by PascalB »

Thanks Conor !

In CDPedia, my sorts are :
- Chef, Title, Composer in the Classical part
- Date of issue, Artist in the Pop/Rock part

Everything works well now with the beta version :!: