Comma separated paste into Credits tab

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
noisyscott
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Comma separated paste into Credits tab

Post by noisyscott »

Hello,

As always, thank you for the pedias. FYI - I am running 5.1.0 beta 29

Recently I noticed that if I paste in a comma separated list of actor names into a credit field in the "Add Edit Panel", DVDpedia auto creates multiple entries. Nice! So nice, I tried to do this same thing during a text import (tab separated file) but found that the the same comma separated list of names only adds as a single credit entry.

Personally, I would consider this a very minor bug but figured I'd add it here anyway.

Regards,
Scott
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Comma separated paste into Credits tab

Post by Conor »

Thank you Scott for the bug report. The default separator for a text import is ; (came from CDpedia tracks that are imported that way) but you are correct that if that is not present and you have commas those should be taken into account. Consider it done in DVDpedia Beta 33.
noisyscott
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by noisyscott »

Thanks Conor,

I just wanted to report that I have tested this and can verify that it works. My hat is off to you and your speedy fingers!

Regards,
Scott
noisyscott
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by noisyscott »

Hello,

Not sure how I missed this, but any actor name imported via text import with a comma preceding it will correctly create it's own new entry in the credits tab, but the Credit Name will end up with a single whitespace character before it.

S
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

I tested comma separated but without including spaces, e.i. Tommy Lee Jones,Jamie Foxx,Cameron Diaz. I have made the changes so that should they have the space it gets removed during the import. As usual you can get the beta instead of waiting for the official release.