Dates not completed correctly

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
Waldbaer
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Dates not completed correctly

Post by Waldbaer »

I suppose this is a bug, so I post it to this forum: When entering dates, I use to enter the shortest possible version, which is d.m.y, and expect it to be completed automatically to dd.mm.yyyy. Somehow, mostly this works in (e.g.) DVDpedia, too, but I have a problem if I enter a special type: If day and month can be both (both are <13) and the year is only one character (e.g. 9 for 2009), day and month will be changed in order, so the result will be mm.dd.yyyy. This is some kind of mess between american (mm/dd/yyyy) and european formatting (dd.mm.yyyy), but it's quite confusing, so maybe you can fix this. :)

Another problem: If the entered date includes a day >12 and a year <10, the year won't be completed correctly to 200y but remain only y. If the day is <13, the problem described above will be prioritized and the year will complete correctly but month and day get changed.

I hope these are small problems and you can fix them easily! Thanks in advance; if you need any more information, just ask. :)