Crash when trying to clean up corrupted watched list

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
Waldbaer
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Crash when trying to clean up corrupted watched list

Post by Waldbaer »

Hello,
I've found an entry in our DVDpedia that seems to have generated multiple senseless dates when I should have seen it (22 times). So far not bad, but as soon as I try to delete the bad entries in the list, DVDpedia will hang up. Any ideas what I could try?
Thanks for your help as always!
Waldbaer
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Crash when trying to clean up corrupted watched list

Post by Conor »

Hi Waldbaer,

Do please send me the database file so that I can make sure to fix any hidden bug.

Although it's likely a Yosemite bug, if you have access to a Mavericks system copy the database.dvdpd file over to Mavericks delete the entry in Mavericks and then copy the database file back to Yosemite. Otherwise I have Mavericks here and can do it quickly for you.

Regards,
Conor
Waldbaer
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Waldbaer »

Hi Conor,
thanks for your kind reply. You seem to be right: I tried correcting the errors in Snow Leopard (which I still have on a partition, e.g. to migrate our old Apple Works database to DVDpedia) and everything worked fine. I'll send you the corrupted file from before the correction as you wished.
Thanks again!
Waldbaer
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the confirmation and the file. It will help report it to Apple's Bug Tracker.

As usual, I did emails before forum, so I sent you Mavericks corrected version of the file your way as well.