Pediabase & libcurl.4.dylib version conflict

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
C.flam

Pediabase & libcurl.4.dylib version conflict

Post by C.flam »

Hello,
I have a serious problem with the latest CDpedia (5.4) running on Snow Leopard (10.6.8)
Actually, it isn't running... it crashes immediately.

Here is the error message, if it might help:

Code: Select all

Dyld Error Message:
  Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libcurl.4.dylib
  Referenced from: /Applications/CDpedia.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/Pediabase.framework/Versions/A/Pediabase
  Reason: Incompatible library version: Pediabase requires version 7.0.0 or later, but libcurl.4.dylib provides version 6.0.0
It seems that I'm not the only one who encounters the same error according to the AppStore comments on CDpedia.

I tried to reinstall CDpedia but it didn't solve the issue.

What can I do? Can you help me please?

Thanks in advance
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Pediabase & libcurl.4.dylib version conflict

Post by Conor »

Thank you for writing in the forum, some users use the review section of the App Store as a support channel without realizing we have no way to contact them.

It's actually an issue with the App Store in 10.6, it strips the 32 bit version of the program that is compatible with your computer. To fix please download CDpedia from our own server.

We have filled a bug report with Apple but they are unlikely to fix it for such an older OS X. Luckily there are only a handful of users on 10.6, although I am looking at some work arounds for the next release on the App Store to help those that don't know to get our server version.

Our version will self update, so you can replace your App Store version with ours. If you would like to stay with the App Store you can keep both version so that the App Store can let you know when the next update (hopefully with the fix for 10.6) is ready. You can also always re-download on the purchased tab when you want to bring CDpedia back into the App Store update pane.
C.flam

Re: Pediabase & libcurl.4.dylib version conflict

Post by C.flam »

Thank you for the quick reply.
The problem is solved with your link.
Thank you very much