Wrong movie info from IMDB (DVDpedia)

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
PGW
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Wrong movie info from IMDB (DVDpedia)

Post by PGW »

Hi,
I was attempting to add "Steins;Gate - The Movie," a Japanese blu-ray (UPC 4 988111 900975). It didn't come up on IMDB under this title.
The IMDB has it listed as "Steins;Gate the Movie: Loading Area of Déjà vu."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2967286/reference

However, when I cut and paste THAT title, DVDpedia comes up with the data for the wrong movie - namely, "Frankenstein's Army."

I can enter the data manually, of course, I just wanted to alert you that the wrong info was being sucked into DVDpedia somehow.

I'm using 5.4.1 of DVDpedia, under OS X 10.11 (El Capitan).
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Wrong movie info from IMDB (DVDpedia)

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the bug report and the exact details to the entry. It was the semi colon in the name that was confusing the search and searching for anything with "Steins" and ignoring all the rest. Fixed in the beta and will be in the next version.
Waldbaer
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Waldbaer »

...by the way: A workaround that I use often if IMDB data does not seem to be complete (mostly because a wrong IMDB movie was linked in another database entry you downloaded e.g. from doghouse, e.g. a documentation about the main feature wearing more or less the same title):
1. Search for it in IMDB manually with a browser (just as you did, probably)
2. copy the IMDB number (the number in the URL between the "title/tt" and the next "/")
3. paste it into the according field of DVDpedia (IMDB)
4. make DVDpedia search again. It will then take your manually entered ID and add all information you can find on the website to your entry, too.

This may take up to about 30 seconds, but is probably still much faster than entering all information on your own (especially if you'd like to download cast&crew). In your case, it should have worked if you just make a new (blank) entry and paste the IMDB id. Maybe you already knew this, in this case: Might this reply help somebody who did not yet figure this out. :)
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Excellent tip. One more, if you are going to do a new entry then drag the URL onto DVDpedia's dock icon. It will do the other steps and leave you with the new entry ready for addition.
Waldbaer
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Waldbaer »

That's great, I did not know this one yet, thanks Conor. Long live DVDpedia! :mrgreen: