Bookpedia Having Issues with URLs

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
Melusine

Bookpedia Having Issues with URLs

Post by Melusine »

Hi,

Since the latest Bookpedia update I have (5.4.1), whenever I select 'Open URL', you used to be able to control click and get a menu that included 'Add to library' or something similar. This was great as the search hasn't been working so good lately and if I entered the Amazon URL for a book I located via an outside search I could populate the fields from the web page. Now though, while I can open a URL, it will not let me add it to the library.

To bypass this I have tried adding the item manually, entering the URL and selecting 'update from' and selecting Amazon US. While this used to also work, what happens now is that it says 'updating 1 entries from Amazon US' with a progression bar that gets halfway and just hangs. It never finishes and I have to force quit the application.

My Amazon web settings were working fine before the last update.

Is there anything I can do to fix this on my end?

Thanks!
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Bookpedia Having Issues with URLs

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the all the details. This of course should all still be working including the drag and drop of the URL over Bookpedia.

Do please take a look at your console log after it fails in case there are any error messages from Bookpedia. You can view your console with the program of the same name in your /Applications/Utilities folder. The new messages will be towards the bottom of the log.