No results when querying ASIN Code amazon.de

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
miles_berlin

No results when querying ASIN Code amazon.de

Post by miles_berlin »

Hello,
starting today (Tuesday, May 31) there are no results when querying an ASIN code from the German Amazon site (amazon.de). This worked until yesterday fine.
Funny enough: Querying an ASIN code from the US amazon site (amazon.com) works fine. Any idea ?
P.S. There are some products that are offered by the German amazon that aren't by the US. Therefore my question.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: No results when querying ASIN Code amazon.de

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the bug report. Please try the beta version (DVDpedia, Bookpedia). After launching it hold down the option (alt) key and click on the “Help” menu. There will be an “Amazon Test” select this option. You only need to do this once, it will remember the setting and show a tick mark next to that command in the help menu when on. Then try the ASIN search on the German site.

If it does not work, do let me know one or two ASINs, so I can run some more tests.
miles_berlin

Post by miles_berlin »

Installed the DVD-Pedia Beta, enabled Amazon-Test and it works. Since it is installed besides my "normal" DVD-Pedia I could compare. DVD-Pedia Beta (with enabled Amazon-Test) works, means delivers the right result on the ASIN Query and the German amazon.de. "Normal" DVD-Pedia (Apple App-Store) version does not deliver a result on the ASIN query with the German amazon.de site. Is there also a CD-Pedia Beta with Amazon-Test, as I noticed the problem first with CD-Pedia and the German amazon.de site?

Thank you very much!
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for verifying the fix. I'll include that option in the next official release. But you can rename the betas if you would like and use them as your official version as they will honor the Apple Store receipt, they will simply update days earlier than the official update. Otherwise if you would like to stay within the Apple Store update system, keep both until the next update on the Apple Store comes out.

I have uploaded CDpedia beta and Gamepedia beta for any other users.
miles_berlin

Post by miles_berlin »

Hi, just wanted to let you know that also CD-Pedia Beta (with enabled Amazon-Test option) works great and delivers proper results when querying the German amazon.de site with ASIN codes.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thanks for testing and verifying the fix.