Hidden size limit on smart collection in pocketpedia?

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
demiadirac
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Hidden size limit on smart collection in pocketpedia?

Post by demiadirac »

Hi,
I noticed something funny about smart collections in pocketpedia. They worked perfectly well in bookpedia and pocketpedia for me for quite a while now until recently, when new entries do no longer show up in my smart collection on pocketpedia, although the entry is in the library and shows up in the corresponding smart collection on bookpedia. It appears as if pocketpedia stopped at 4065 entries.
Is there such a limit, or what kind of problem do I have?
Yours, demiadirac.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Hidden size limit on smart collection in pocketpedia?

Post by Conor »

There are no limits to the size of smart collections. Items in Pocketpedia when editing should be checked against the smart collections and included if they match the rules. How are you making the edits to change the entries, a move, or changing some text or check box.

After a sync with the Bookpedia, they should also be identical. Sounds like Pocketpedia is not picking up the new data. I shall try to repeat here, but here a few steps to try to debug.

The simplest is to restart Pocketpedia (double tap home button and then flick Pocketpedia up and away from the list of apps). Second option is to remove Pocketpedia and then redownload and do a new sync from Bookpedia, as then it would mean the sync is not actually happening correctly and the data is not updating on the iPhone. But in this case it should be an all or nothing, the library count should not update either.

If the issue is with changing the details in Pocketpedia and the smart collection not updating, let me know more details so I can try to find the specific bug that is not updating a smart collection.

Kind regards,
Conor
demiadirac
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by demiadirac »

Hi Conor,
thanks for replying. I got it right know, though I do not exactly understand what happened.
I edit exclusively on Bookpedia and then sync to Pocketpedia. The entries where present in Pocketpedia with correct data but did not show up in the smart collection.
My smart collection is defined by "ZFORMAT='EPUB' or ZFORMAT='PDF'", the six latest entries did not show up in Pocketpedia. Therefore I added two new smart collections in Boopedia, defined by "ZFORMAT='EPUB'" and "ZFORMAT='PDF'", resepectively, and synced. This got everything correct, including the original smart collection. Then I deleted the two temporary collections and synced again, everything stayed fine.
I do not have an explanation for the phenomenon, but in anycase its correct now.
Yours, demiadirac.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the details on the rules, I'll set some up with the same rules in my test collection, so that if there is I bug I can run into it as well.