DVDPedia - imdb search not working

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
SycoP

DVDPedia - imdb search not working

Post by SycoP »

Does anybody know why the imdb search suddenly stopped working in DVDPedia when you try to add a movie?
The other searches still work, but imdb gives no results in every search.
It was working fine just until yesterday.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: DVDPedia - imdb search not working

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the info. I can't reproduce, do make sure to try the DVDpedia beta. If it's still happening do let me know the exact search term and we can go from there.
SycoP

Post by SycoP »

Thank you for your response, I tried the beta but the result is the same. I always get the message: "There are no matches for "xxx". Please try another search." I tried searching for all kinds of famous movies like "Terminator", "Batman",... and the result is always the same.
I also ticked off all the other search engines, because they seem to work normally.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for trying that out.

You can target a specific search site by clicking on the magnifying glass on the search field, no need to go into Preferences, to tick off search sites or rearrange via drag and drop. Although good to set the preferences correctly for your preferred settings, but the magnifying glass gives you quick access to switching sites.

Can you follow this IMDB Terminator search link in Safari. After the page is loaded, please use "File -> Save As...". In the save window at the bottom make sure to select "Page Source" as the format. Can you please email me the resulting file or paste the contents here. This way I can check it and see if there something different at your IMDb settings.
SycoP

Post by SycoP »

Thanks for the tips. I've sent you the file you asked me to (to the support mail if thats okay).
I hope it will be helpful in solving my problem.